Saturday 6 March 2010

Smoking.


Smoking in my eyes isn't really bad behaviour, although that is a biased point of view as i am a smoker myself. i can remember my first cigarette, i was 13 years old and in the girls toilets at school. I can remember my pal coming with me, back then it was cool to smoke! I sparked up and she had half with me. Ive now found out many many years after that she only started smoking because of me. Which raises the question do we smoke just to fit in with the crowd at school?? My answer to this would be yes. I'm now 26 still on the fags, i can honestly say that I'm fully addicted, i cant have a good nights sleep unless Ive had a fag before bed, nor do i wake up without my routine morning coffee and fag.
There is so much advertisement in the media to make us aware of the risks of smoking and it costs the Nhs millions each year to provide medical care from many smoking related illness, so why do us as a society still smoke??

http://www.helpwithsmoking.com/why-people-smoke.php


1 comment:

  1. I agree completely with what Jen says about smoking to fit in . I started smoking when I was the same age to fit in . I think we all do things as adolescents to fit in , smoke , drink , get in to fights and start taking drugs, to name but a few. It is just devastating that these immature actions can led to life long addictions.

    ReplyDelete