Thursday 11 March 2010

It's all about Drugs


Why do majority of people see smoking weed more acceptable to taking Heroin?? After all aren't they both an illegal substance and a personal choice? After being asked the question, should all drugs be legalised, it got me thinking about the effects if this was to become reality. Many people i know are on some sort of drug, and majority is illegal, but is this necessarily bad behaviour? I have a few friends who take speed for example, purely because it gives them more motivation to get up in the morning than they normally have, its a great way to lose weight, yet this is an illegal substance, why?? If the effects of a drug are beneficial to that individual why isn't it acceptable behaviour and freely sold legally, isn't it all about freedom of choice? Most people enjoy a few drinks of a weekend etc, yet the consumption of alcohol has many of the same effects as most drugs sold on the streets, it chills you out, it gives you a boost yet is legal, so why cant we all do a Frank Gallagher (shameless) and buy an E or two with a beer?
Whilst searching online for some interesting facts, i came across this site, check out the statistics and then ask yourself if so many people do it is it bad?
http://www.publicagenda.org/citizen/issueguides/illegal-drugs/getfacts

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to disagree Jen , from a personal aspect of drugs , i would hate them to be made legal . I loooove Frank Gallagher but could you seriously imagine him being your dad or worse your partner. I come from a drug culture , by the time I was old enough to drink I'd tried every drug going , so had my friends . Today I'm lucky I'm at uni and have a life i love however I can't say the same about my mates . One died at 25 (R.I.P. Dave ) a couple are in jail and the others are in re hab or running the streets as little smack rats. I know you ment soft drugs but we all stared on the trips and the weed. Look what happened to them.

    ReplyDelete